The Catskill Community Players present the romantic comedy, “Almost, Maine”, by John Cariani, at the Wieting Theater in Worcester, on November 13th & 14th at 8 pm, preceded by a special theater dinner at the Worcester Inn across the street, with a 2 pm matinee show on Sunday, November 15th followed by dinner at the Worcester Inn. “Almost, Maine” is an award winning play — featuring 9 different couples, in 9 short plays, portrayed by 18 local actors and actresses.
The Story: On a cold, clear, moonless night in the middle of winter, all is not quite what it seems in the remote, mythical town of Almost, Maine. As the northern lights hover in the star-filled sky above, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in unexpected and often hilarious ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. But the bruises heal, and the hearts mend—almost—in this delightful midwinter night’s dream. A review from the NY Sun called it “A snowy charmer…. These nine tales of love in the time of frostbite have a winning glow that proves surprisingly contagious.”
Nancy Bondurant Couch, who has been the director for Oneonta High School Productions for the past eight years, is directing, with Diana Friedell producing, Reggie Brunson constructing sets, and Kyra McKissick stage managing. Actors include Dr. Ben Friedell, Diana Friedell, Scott West, Kristin Sloth, Alex Riba, Tiffany Doris, Ed Stammel, Kathy Shimberg, Christine Juliano, Laurie Wehmeyer, Rebecca Chien, J. Lentner, Shane Heidecker, Danica Sessions, Gary E. Stevens, Diane Stammel, Carol Dean and Doug Decker.
Purchase Advance tickets and Dinner Reservations ($42, $39 for Sr. Cit, $18 for Show Only) for the November 13th-15th Show by calling the Worcester Inn at 607-397-8500.
~ Menu ~
- New York Strip Steak.
- Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Mango Chutney
- Baked Stuffed Haddock with Crab meat stuffing
- State Fair marinated grilled half Chicken
- Spicy Barbequed Grilled Lamb Chop
- Vegetarian Special–Spinach Pie
- The dinners will all begin with a cup of Harvest Soup and an all you can eat Salad Bar with our special Home Made Rolls.
- All Entrées will be served with your choice of Agratin or Baked or Mashed Potatoes or special seasoned Rice.
- All Dinner will be served with your choice of vegetable. Choices include Broccoli, Green Beans with Garlic and Brazed Mixed Veg.
- All Dinners will be served with a choice of Desert which include:
Blue Berry Crisp, Blue Berry Pie, Apple Pie and more