for Catskill Community Players’ production of
(alternatively “Love, Loss and What I Wore”)
AUDITION INFORMATION DATES — TWO Dates:
• WHEN: Sunday, Sept. 13, at the Unitarian Universalist Society of Oneonta, 12 Ford Ave., TIME: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
• WHEN: Thursday, Sept. 17th at the Wieting Theater, 168 Main St, Worcester, TIME: 6:30-8:00 pm.
If you can’t make those two times, please contact Nancy, Director, 607-433-0575, or via e-mail – email@example.com, for an alternate audition time.
• WHAT: You will be asked to read from the script. And fill out an Audition Sheet with your prior experience & Conflicts — Scripts will be provided. Please bring a print-out (or your calendar) with your Unavoidable Conflicts for Sept-Oct-Nov.
• PERFORMANCE DATES:
• November 13-15, at the Wieting Theatre in Worcester, NY, combined with Pre-Show Dinner at the Worcester Inn.
• November 20th and 21st, at Unitarian Universalist Society of Oneonta, Oneonta, NY. (still in formulation at this time)
Almost, Maine is “a play about real people who are really, truly, honestly dealing with the toughest thing there is to deal with in life: love.” –John Cariani, author
Almost, Maine is a town that’s so far north, it’s almost not in the United States—it’s almost in Canada. And it almost doesn’t exist, because its residents never got around to getting organized. So it’s just… “Almost.”
On a cold, clear, moonless night as the northern lights hover in the star-filled sky, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in unexpected and often hilarious ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. But the bruises heal, and the hearts mend — almost — in this delightful midwinter night’s dream.
• About the Casting:
Almost, Maine is an ensemble play about 9 different couples in various stages of falling in or out of love. In the original production, two female and two male actors played the nine couples.
The number of actors in the CCP production will not be determined until after auditions. We anticipate that we will cast between 6 and 16 actors and that some actors will play more than one role.
All roles are open. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to attend.
Point of information: Some of the scenes will require the characters to kiss.
Everyone of college age and above is welcomed to audition.
The Director is Nancy Bondurant-Couch, who has directed for the past eight years at Oneonta High School, and currently teaches at SUNY Oneonta and Hartwick College.
• Back Up Plan
In the event that we are unable to cast ALMOST MAINE (due to not enough men), the back-up choice will be LOVE, LOSS AND WHAT I WORE by Delia Ephron and Nora Ephron, which is all WOMEN. Based on the book by Ilene Beckerman.
LOVE, LOSS AND WHAT I WORE is a scrapbook of side-splitting stories about unfortunate prom dresses, the traumatic lighting in fitting rooms, high heels, short skirts, and the existential state of having nothing to wear. “Funny, powerful, sweet and saucy! Goes directly to the heart, soul and vanity of every woman, young and old.” – Variety
Flexible rehearsal dates, times and locations will be arranged after casting.
How often you are called for rehearsal will depend on your role(s).
TECH & DRESS REHEARSALS: Will be scheduled between Nov. 1 and Nov. 13th. Tech Week – you will need to be available evenings from Nov. 9th-12th.