by Phil Olson
A family comedy in two acts.
Seeking a cast of 7 (5 women and 2 men)
Directed by: Shadow C. LaValley
First United Methodist Church
66 Chestnut Street, Oneonta, NY 13820
• Saturday, January 21st from 4pm-5:30pm
• Sunday, January 22nd from 1pm-2:30pm
Location will be made available to those who are called back
By Invitation Only
• Sunday, January 29th from 1pm-2:30pm
• Friday, April 28th
• Saturday, April 29th
• Sunday, April 30th
• Friday, May 12th
• Saturday, May 13th
• Sunday, May 14th
• Performance Location: TBA
Things to bring:
• A complete print out of your schedule, conflicts and prior commitments.
• A headshot/resume
• If you do not have a resume, you will be need to write down your previous acting experience on forms that will be made available to you.
• If you do not have a headshot, you will have your photo taken for the director’s reference.
How auditions will work:
• You will be asked to read pages from the script in front of the director and fellow performers.
• If you are unable to attend either audition, please contact the director before January 22nd: 607.434.5025 or email@example.com
• In this family comedy, Mom has been dead for almost a year and suddenly shows up at her husband’s birthday party as a ghost. She is sent back to her home to complete a mission so that she can clear up unfinished business. With so many things to fix, Mom turns to her daughter (Kat) for help. One by one the family’s secrets are unearthed to reveal a surprising twist at the end.
• The oldest of two sisters. Plain, extremely smart, sharp, forthright, but likeable. Has a sense of humor. Vulnerable and sympathetic. Playfully sarcastic. Not a mean spirited character.
• Good sense of humor. Deeply caring. A Vikings fan.
• A doctor. Nice guy. Reserved. Holds cards close to the vest.
• The younger of two sisters. Pretty. A Hooters girl. Peppy, ditzy, sincere, genuine, not sarcastic.
• She’s pretty and is kind at heart. Works as a nurse.
• The neighborhood boy, now turned adult. Good looking, successful business person, jock in high school.
Mrs. Norquist (65+) (Voiceover)
• Neighbor. A little loopy. We never see her.